Monday, February 9, 2009

Any Unworthy Servants?

I stumbled across something that literally jumped off the pages at me the other morning. Here it is...

Luke 17:10

10 So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.' "

I can't shake this verse over the last couple of days. It really has been playing over and over in my head and just when I think it's gone.... BOOM, there it is again.

How many of us just do what we signed up to do or what someone just asked us to do? Do we really go the extra mile when we do things or do we just do it to get it done, complaining the entire time we're doing it?

Jesus says in this verse, not to think too highly of yourself if you are only doing your duty. He says that we should call ourselves unworthy servants!

And yet how many people even know this verse exists? How many people would change their outlook when serving in the local church if they just took the time to read this verse?

Are you really just doing your duty? Because if you are you might just be unworthy of it.

This verse really convicted me and I pray it reaches you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment