Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Are You Moving?

The most awesome thing happened last night. I felt Emily move for the very first time!!

I tried to feel her move in the past and as nothing happened in the first few minutes my patience would run out and I would give up. My excuse was always, "I don't want to get my hopes up only to be disappointed." So I would stop feeling for her to move and I would go yet another day without experiencing this incredible moment.

There's no way to describe the emotions that I felt when my hand felt her little movements. Just knowing that my baby girl was only inches away from my hand in her own little world doing her own thing made me tear up. I'm telling you now, this little girl is going to cause me to cry a lot in the future, I can already tell. :)

So this morning I've been wondering and looking at this from a perspective that God might hold. I wonder if He is ever patiently waiting on us to move? Kind of like what happened with me and Emily only on a more spiritual level.

I can see it now, God is like, "I know you're in there, and I know that you are going to bring me great joy. I just can't wait to feel you move!"

Do you realize there is an awesome and mighty God just waiting and longing to feel you move?

Are you moving yet?

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post... and yeah... I bet He does often wonder when we are gonna move... thank heaven he is patient with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily is going to give you great perspective!!!

    And yipee!!! I'm so happy you finally felt her! I knew you were missing it each time!

    ReplyDelete