- Thanks to the sermon given by Bob Russell I have made a decision to stay positive no matter what the circumstances may be. I might add that it was perfect timing for me to hear this message just before I was to go and see my sick grandma. Isn't it funny how God provides the things that will help us carry on?
- To spend time with family during a family members illness makes you realize that we take our time here on earth for granted. Why don't families get together more often to enjoy each other? Why does it have to take an illness for everyone to realize they should be spending time together when things are good and people are healthy?
- Sometimes we just don't realize how hard a loved one has tried to show their love for us. Even though we know they were the best person in the world to us they still want to let us know that they did the best they could. It seems like it's so important for them to make that clear. It is important for us to not take for granted the little things.
- Priorities change when we are confronted with the possibility of a loss. It seems like all those things that were so "important" in our daily lives are not as big a deal as we sometimes make them. Sometimes we need to rethink our priorities.
- We don't realize how much we depend on our vehicle until we are without it for a couple of days. This leads back to the sermon by Bob Russell on being thankful for what we have. I'm a lot more thankful for the minivan that I sometimes complained about in the past. It seems a lot more valuable to me now.
- I sometimes wish I was at the age again when a simple kids meal toy would make me smile and make my day. Especially if it would have been something cool like SPONGEBOB! :)
- Good friends are hard to come by, and when you have the kind that would give you the shirt off their backs to help you it touches your heart in ways no one will know. (You know who you are, thanks).
- A relationship with the Lord that helps us carry on throughout any type of storm is the most valuable thing a person could ever have. Seek that relationship if you don't have it and you will find that it is the best thing you could ever do.
Is their anything in your life that you've taken for granted or not been thankful for?