Monday, October 4, 2010

On The Palms Of His Hands!

In any given situation where you are going through something difficult it's easy to begin to feel far from God and maybe you even start thinking that God has forgotten about you completely. The longer you are stuck in that situation the more prone you become to attacks from the enemy who would want more than anything for you to change your thoughts on God.

Doubt creeps in.

Fear gets the best of you and eventually replaces faith.

And before you know it you start wondering if God is even with you anymore.

You start questioning everything and hope to find an answer but when none comes quickly enough you come to the conclusion that yep, God has abandoned you. And when that happens the enemy has won!!

The father of lies (Satan) wants us to think that God is not with us. He wants us to believe that we are all alone and we are stuck trying to figure things out all by ourselves. If he can get us to believe this lie and if we come to the conclusion that we do have to figure things out on our own then it will then eliminate our need to turn to the Bible. That is his ultimate goal. He wants us to do away with one of the greatest instruments we have to hear from God. Reading the Bible leads to hearing from God and hearing from God means He is right there with us in our difficult situation. Satan knows this and therefore attacks us and tries to make us believe the lie that will take away our proof that God is with us.

I think I first started believing that God was with us when I heard the song "He's got the whole world in his hands" for the first time. That song made me really start questioning things and eventually I became more and more interested in trying to learn about God.

Many years later I look back and realize that through many difficult situations where my faith has been rocked hard I can see where Satan has tried to bait me into believing that God is not with me. If I said that Satan lost every battle I would be lying. The truth is there have been many times where I took the bait and believed the lie for a season. I thank God that I always came running back to Him though. And He embraced me in his arms every single time! He never once turned me away. My faith is stronger and I believe He is truly with me more than ever now.

With all this being said I wanted to share a picture I found just recently...




Isaiah 49:16 says that he has "engraved us on the palms of His hands"!!!

God wants us to know that He is with us so much that he actually sent His son Jesus to die for us and prove that He is indeed right here with us. He has engraved us on the palms of His hands!!!

I pray that we never forget that we are not alone. That we are indeed engraved on the palms of his hands. Whatever situation you might be going through right now you are not alone!! Afterall, "He's got the whole world in His hands" and Isaiah 49:16 proves it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment