Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tortured For Christ

I came home yesterday to find that this book came in the mail. Curious I asked Erica where it came from and she said the voice of the martyr's ministry said that we picked it out but apparently did so a while ago and we just forgot about it. The good thing is it was free and we don't have to pay for it but the even better thing is the fact that it looks VERY interesting!

Not only does the cover and title catch your attention but it looks like a quick read as well. The subject is one that has interested me for years. In fact the Jesus Freak books was what helped lead me to Christ in the first place.

I flipped through the pages as I always do and found some quotes that immediately stood out to me. Here are the top two that grabbed my attention the most...

"Christians are often half-heartedly on the side of the whole truth. Communists are whole-heartedly on the side of the lie."

WOW!!!! How true is that? How many times have you seen someone who is so passionately devoted to something that doesn't matter as much as Christ? How many times have you seen Christians who are only half-heartedly devoted to Christ? This is sad but so true.

"I have found truly joyful Christians only in the Bible, in the Underground Church, and in prison."

Again, another thing that seems to be true, especially in the American Church's around us.

Needless to say I'm going to enjoy reading this book. But perhaps not because of the cool quotes or the facts that I will learn about the persecuted Christians around the world but more so because I might see the arrogance I live with in my Christian walk.

I'm tired of living my life like it's torture to live for Christ. I want to live my life the way I hope I would if I was being tortured because of my love for Christ!

1 comment:

  1. I've seen that book on the internet... you'll have to tell me how you like it...

    that quote about "Truly joyful Christians"... wow! I'll admit - I'm not always TRULY JOYFUL... then I hear what people endure & yet, they keep their Christian joy... what a lesson to learn!

    ReplyDelete