Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"There's An App For That"!

Does the title of this post sound familiar?

If not you've probably been living in a cave for the last year. If so, welcome back! If you're still wondering what I'm talking about see the video below.



This video and all the ones like it are starting to drive me crazy! How about you?

We get it Apple. Please have mercy!!!

The tagline for all the recent iPhone commercials is, "There's An App For That". Okay, I understand that and if I had an iPhone I would probably appreciate these commercials a little more but being that I don't see the need for a phone to do anything other than have a conversation with someone, then it's so easy for me to just try and ignore Apple's sly attempt to get me pulled into their clutches.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against Apple or the iPhone but I just find that I don't have a need for their "Apps" just yet. (Maybe one day I will be able to afford one of those little boogers).

Anyway, for some reason I got that tagline stuck in my head this morning. All day long I kept thinking...."There's an app for that." No I'm not crazy, but it's okay if you don't believe me.

And as I was thinking this it reminded me of how much I appreciate my study Bible.

I have an NLT Life Application study Bible and I love to use it for preparing my lessons and studying up on certain things. It is so useful and easy to follow that I find myself depending on it more and more.

I like all kinds of different translations of the Bible. Especially if it reveals things to me that I hadn't seen before. The ESV Bible is one that I would love to get my hands on but right now the funds just aren't there.

As I had the iPhone tagline stuck in my head it oddly reminded me of my study Bible. The Life Application Bible and the iPhone tagline oddly fit hand-in-hand. You see in the study Bible you can find a Life Application for almost everything!

How neat would it be to be walking around in your local Bible book store and see a tagline for the latest Life Application Bible that said, "Yep, There's Even An App For That"!

Just a thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment