Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It's a GIRL!!!

We just got back from the doctors office where we found out that my dreams came true, (literally), we're having a baby GIRL!!!

Emily Jean Rollins!

I had always dreamed of the day that I would be a daddy. And the good Lord has been so good to us. It's kind of weird though. Ever since I was in high school I had dreams of having a daughter and once it was confirmed today that we would indeed be having a girl I couldn't believe it!

I know that the Lord speaks to us in mysterious ways and I was pretty sure that I would have a daughter but once it was confirmed this morning I literally had to step back and think about all the past dreams I would have about having a daughter.

Maybe the Lord was trying to tell me something. To be patient and wait on HIS timing. Especially when we had the miscarriage. The dreams would comfort me and let me know that everything was going to be just fine. And in fact that doctor said that the baby is totally healthy, he used the word "perfect" even, and for that I give God all the glory!

Man, it's finally starting to sink in. When I seen that little face on the ultrasound and all those long arms and legs I just thought about what an awesome God we serve! His blessings are wonderful and his timing is perfect!

Oh yeah, did I mention the long arms and legs? Man, she is probably going to be a starter in the WNBA if she keeps growing like this!

I will post some pictures when I can get them scanned. Stay tuned!

This is one mighty proud papa! :)

4 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled for you two!!! Cant wait to spoil & love on this little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you both!!! And little Emily Jean will be well loved by not only her two awesome parents but her "extended" family as well!!! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily Jean will be so spoiled!! I love the name and can't wait to see her first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news! You're not going to believe how quickly she'll wrap you around her little finger! Get ready....your happiness level is getting ready to explode!

    Vicki M

    ReplyDelete