- He left a perfect Heaven with the Father to come to this world and take on the life of a human being. One in which temptation was present and still he was without sin. He came and lived a life like ours so that we would have a perfect example and still we sometimes forget that.
- He was mocked and ridiculed and even spit upon so that we could handle persecution. He took the punishment that we really deserve for our sins. And yet he did it gladly and we were on His mind the entire time.
- He was beaten and scourged for our benefit. By His stripes we are healed and with every blow our image was on His mind. He thought of how we would spend forever with Him and the Father as he was beaten for a crime he did not commit.
- As he carried the cross He thought of the bridge that must be built. A bridge in which no one would be able to come to the father unless he built it. That bridge was the cross he carried on his beaten and broken body. The sacrifice he made on that cross is what connects us to the Father. Without the cross and His sacrifice our sins keep us separated from Him and it is through the cross that we have a bridge to get to eternal paradise.
- As he was being nailed to that cross not one ill word did he utter against those who did this to him. His humbleness and obedience makes up for our lack of it. He thought of those people who crucified him the same as us. And for us his body was the perfect sacrifice. He told the father to, "forgive them for they know not what they do". And sometimes, as hard as it is for us to admit, we don't realize that he is saying that to the Father about us now. When we sin he is making intercession for us because sometimes "we know not what we do".
- He was buried in a tomb and three days later he rose again. He rose for us and defeated Satan because sometimes, maybe even most of the time, we find it hard to rise again. When sin and trouble come our way we feel defeated and we sometimes give up and stay down. Jesus rose for us so that we would have encouragement to keep fighting the spiritual battle that he already won for us. He rose again so that we would keep on rising up and fighting for Him.
- Jesus was the perfect sacrifice for our sins. He went through the things that he did so that we could have hope for a future with Him and the Father. Without these things that he went through we would be lost forever. This is why we are thankful everyday for what He did for us and for that we make Him the ultimate reflection.
May God bless you and your family this Easter.