So I just finished reading Love & War by John and Stasi Eldredge. It was honestly really good. Click here to read my review.
Here are just a few notes from the book I wrote in my journal while reading...
- Satan is respected in the Bible as a very active threat, but few people actually live like it!!
- Satan is the "accuser" (Rev. 12:10)
- Satan is a liar, "the father of lies" (John 8:44), so utterly convincing he deceived a glorious man and woman to betray God, whom they walked with every day.
- The kingdom teeters on the hundred small choices we make every day.
- Over the centuries Satan has gotten the church to turn against itself, while he seizes the world by the back of the neck and drags it to hell!!
- In this world you will have trouble - Jesus
- You would not ask someone with a broken arm to swim the English Channel, so you can't demand the broken to live as if they were whole!!!
- Although he (Jesus) was a son he learned obedience from what he suffered!! (Hebrews 5:8)
- The secret to life is this - we are here in order to learn how to love.
- I want to blame the enemy - "it's all his fault!" Oh dear. I am sounding just like Eve. Lord have mercy.
Check back in for more "book notes" in the future!