Friday, February 12, 2010

Book Notes

I would like to start something new on my blog. I think it would be interesting to post some "book notes" from books that I finish reading. These will be the notes that I write in my journal that spoke to me or just moved me in a powerful way. My hope in this is to share the wealth of knowledge I gain so we can sharpen our minds together. I pray you enjoy this new feature on Reflect The Son!!

So I just finished reading Love & War by John and Stasi Eldredge. It was honestly really good. Click here to read my review.

Here are just a few notes from the book I wrote in my journal while reading...

  • Satan is respected in the Bible as a very active threat, but few people actually live like it!!
  • Satan is the "accuser" (Rev. 12:10)
  • Satan is a liar, "the father of lies" (John 8:44), so utterly convincing he deceived a glorious man and woman to betray God, whom they walked with every day.
  • The kingdom teeters on the hundred small choices we make every day.
  • Over the centuries Satan has gotten the church to turn against itself, while he seizes the world by the back of the neck and drags it to hell!!
  • In this world you will have trouble   - Jesus
  • You would not ask someone with a broken arm to swim the English Channel, so you can't demand the broken to live as if they were whole!!!
  • Although he (Jesus) was a son he learned obedience from what he suffered!! (Hebrews 5:8)
  • The secret to life is this - we are here in order to learn how to love.
  • I want to blame the enemy - "it's all his fault!" Oh dear. I am sounding just like Eve. Lord have mercy.
These were just a few of the notes I thought might speak to you today. I pray they speak to you as much as they did for me.

Check back in for more "book notes" in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment