If not now, then WHEN?
The time is now for Christians to take a stand against Human Trafficking.
You might recall my blog post several months ago (BAHT) describing my heart for taking a stand against human trafficking. If so, I want you to know I was serious --- I meant what I said.
WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!!!!
- roughly 27 MILLION people are held in slavery worldwide today
- every 2 MINUTES a child is being prepared for sexual exploitation
- the average age of a trafficked victim is 14
- victims are forced to have sex up to 40 TIMES A DAY
- in Greece, someone is sold into slavery every 47 SECONDS
- the overwhelming majority of those trafficked are WOMEN AND CHILDREN
- by 2010 human trafficking will be the NUMBER ONE crime worldwide
As Christians we have the loudest voice for change in the world, (if we stand together). If all Christians came together around the globe on a common issue there is no doubt in my mind we could make a difference.
So here's the plan....
I ran across this new organization called the A21 campaign and they are dedicated to spreading the word and getting people on board for world change.
Go to their website and see what you can do to make a difference.
Pray for this organization and all the people working to make a difference. Pray for the people who find themselves slaves to this evil injustice. Even if all you do is make a post with links to the A21 campaign on your blog or webpage, spreading the word to as many people as possible, will do more than you realize.
Use the videos below to spread the word.
THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW!!!