Empathy and concern for others is one of the most powerful traits of an effective leader.
Here's a little test, ask yourself these questions and be honest with your answers...
- How do others really perceive me?
- Do I listen to others?
- Am I open to learn something from everyone?
- Am I thankful as a person for those who contribute to my success?
- Can I acknowledge my weaknesses as well as my strengths?
- What are my weaknesses?
- When was the last time I admitted I made a bad decision?
- When's the last time I said, "I'm sorry?"
- How often am I the first one to say, "I'm sorry?"
Ask someone you trust how people view you. How do you measure up when you ask these questions?
Is empathy and concern for others one of your priorities based on this test?
"Every leader has burdens and difficulties and complaints, but nobody forces you into leadership. It is your choice and if you are given it - it is a privilege and a gift. And if you don't feel that way you should step down."