Thursday, September 25, 2008

Follow Me...Closely!

A strange thing happened to me yesterday. I went to my favorite spot for some quite time with God - Buffalo Trace, and heard from the Lord. Now the thing about it is I haven't been there in a long time and although I felt a pulling to go back in the past I would just drive on by thinking it would be okay not to stop.

But a lot has been happening lately with all the "trim work" I've been talking about and trying to refocus that I felt an overwhelming urge to be there yesterday. Needless to say, it was definitely worth the time!

At first I prayed and prayed and just meditated on how great our God is. How beautiful His creation is and how captivating it is to just stare into the water lost and totally consumed by thought and wonder of our creator.

And just as I was about to leave and saying one final prayer with my eyes closed the wind picked up slightly and I heard His voice say, "Follow Me...Closely"!

Now I understand that most of you reading this post is likely familiar with verses like Mark 1:17 where Jesus is saying, "Follow Me", but the most interesting part about what I heard yesterday was the fact that the word CLOSELY was added to the end of follow me.

In all honesty all Christians claim to follow Jesus, (therefore the word Christian or follower of Christ is applied) but the biggest question of all might just be how closely are we following him? It is one thing to follow Jesus, but it is entirely different to be following him so close that we are covered in his dust!

Make a determined effort to assess how closely you're walking with Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment