Friday, April 11, 2008

Reflections

There are a lot of reflections to speak of this week...



  • An overnight youth retreat without any sleep still takes it out of me. I would have thought that only being 25 I would still have it in me to be able to stay up the whole night but I thought wrong. I was wore out the next day.


  • Dodge ball at any age is still tons of fun! Especially when you have your wife on the other side to throw at! :)


  • Playing basketball inside on carpet is not a good idea. We wasn't at the youth retreat for 5 minutes when Ryan ended up hurting himself pretty bad. To see what I mean click here.


  • A 4 hour event at a fun park is fun but can take it out of you when you've not had any sleep. The best part about it was the mini-golf and the laser tag.


  • What do you mean I wore a black dress for Deal or No Deal? I have no idea what you're talking about!


  • There is a power that the early church had that our church is craving to grab ahold of. I pray that we will get on that spiritual level and allow God to work in us the way He did through the early church.


  • Prayer is something that must become a top priority in my life. I thought I did it enough and was consistent with it, that is until I heard Sunday's message. I pray that my prayer life reaches a whole new level.


  • Perseverance is a word that took on a whole new meaning in my life this week. For more on that see my post labeled Perseverance.


  • Mowing the lawn for the first time this year is a little slice of heaven. Yeah I'm weird like that!


  • Ghost Recon... Need I say more? If you don't know what that is it is a really fun video game to play in which you have to go on a mission to "save the world". It wouldn't be half as fun as it is without the right friends to play with. Play it once and you're addicted, no joke!

2 comments:

  1. You guys & your Ghost Recon!!!

    And I think we need to start our own dodge ball league!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, about the dodge ball. Wasn't I the one who got you out? That is what I thought. And yes you were in a dress and might I add that you looked fantastic it. Black is you color! Love you

    ReplyDelete