Thursday, April 24, 2008

Quote Of The Week





"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not only
because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."

- C.S. Lewis


It's funny how much more clearly things appear once we've accepted Christ and made him number one in our lives. The things I used to miss when I was living life for myself were right in front of my face the entire time. Thinking that some things were okay and acceptable just because it wasn't necessarily wrong in a "moral" since.

The world would love for us to believe that it's okay to gossip, slander, boast and play with sin. But it is until we accept Christianity that we realize and really see where those things are wrong and can lead us astray. I think C.S. Lewis says it best in this quote because often times we never saw that the things we used to do were really that bad until we accepted Christianity because of what Jesus did for us. Through it our eyes are opened to everything else and in turn it leads us to believe in it that much more.

What are some of the things that your eyes have been opened to?





No comments:

Post a Comment